Railroad Ticket Office Agent
Now hiring for summer 2023 jobs: The North Shore Scenic Railroad is one of Duluth’s oldest and most popular tourist attractions. Trains depart from the Duluth Depot and travel to various points along the shore, and all the way to Two Harbors. Excursions operate 7 days a week all summer long through October, with weekend train excursions starting in May. The Lake Superior Railroad Museum is open year-round, and ticketing continues into winter with reduced hours.
The railroad is currently seeking team members with excellent customer service skills and attention to details to work in the Ticket Office and Giftshop. Team members work registers and complete transactions as well as providing tourist information. You must be atleast 16 years old to apply. Excellent computer skills are a must. To apply, you must complete a job application: https://duluthtrains.com/application/
Specific roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet and assists customers with a smile, acting as a museum interpreter and providing railroad history to the best of your abilities while continually growing those abilities.
- Work at a ticket window desk to create and maintain reservations.
- Knowledgeable of the North Shore Scenic railroad including but not limited to: events, excursion schedules, policies, history, safety procedures, sales products, tourist information
- Complete transactions quickly and accurately in all shops*
- Presentation, housekeeping and inventory management in all shops
- Answer questions and help customers solve concerns or problems pertaining to merchandise or other related issues in person and by phone.
- Open, run and close register tills and ensure proper handling of money in shops and all activities related.
- Ensure proper handling of stock including inventory, security and reporting procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized environment, following cleaning schedules, while keeping initiative to spot duties that need to be done, and do them without needing supervision
- Opens/closes museum, and may often be the only person on duty in the Railroad Museum portion of the building
- Must remain enthusiastic, consistent, and pleasant demeanor while on duty with public.
- Must be knowledgeable of museum membership benefits and structure, and must promote museum benefits
- Assist Conductor and Train Crews in greeting, boarding, detraining and assistance of passengers, including assisting passengers with special needs when needed.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills with proven ability to facilitate diverse groups of individuals.
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking ability
- Must be able to independently work with the public
- Must be able to operate a computer for all point of sale transactions
- Must be able to lift up to 10lbs, the job includes walking on uneven surfaces and physical movement
- Project positive, energetic, professional and customer-service oriented personality
- Team-oriented enthusiasm to achieve objectives of the staff and organization.
- Must wear railroad uniform and adhere to work policies.
If you are interested, download our application or obtain one at the front desk of the Duluth Depot, open from 10-5pm.
*train excursion concession store, giftshop, ticket office, ice cream shop (transaction locations)