General Maintenance Crew Member
Reports to: General Maintenance Crew (GMC) Supervisor
Position type: Part Time-Hourly-Seasonal
Oversees: Maintenance Crew
General maintenance, custodial, and basic mechanical tasks. Responsible for a variety of tasks including but not limited to: daily servicing of all trains and/or locomotives, including dumping toilet tanks, sweeping, mopping, changing air filters and restocking supplies. Shifts generally start early in the morning and includes weekends/holidays. Starting wage for this position is $14/hour.
Specific roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide a clean and safe environment in which the employees and patrons can move in.
- Ensure clean floor, windows, stairs, restrooms, and doors of facilities and trains.
- Dump toilets on passenger cars and transfer to proper waste recycling facility on site.
- Perform basic mechanical tasks on the train such as changing lightbulbs, replacing air filters, or turning the train generators on.
- Perform quality control checks to ensure that projects meet all standard requirements for cleanliness.
- Ability to gain proficiency in various railroad safety policies and programs.
- Plan out replenishment of supplies in advance to ensure an adequate supply.
- Responsible for ensuring that the grounds, buildings, and other surrounding areas meet quality assurance standards.
- Perform general locomotive maintenance tasks such as cleaning of the cab and engine room or washing when necessary.
- Takes out trash and ensures a clean working environment.
- Communicate with supervisor on prioritization of daily job duties.
- Help maintain grounds; power wash sidewalks, water plants, etc.
- Strong communication skills, able to take a set of instructions and perform a task without prompting.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and stand on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (50+ lbs) including equipment and machinery.
- Must be reliable and able to work non-routine hours (generally mornings).
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a forklift, ATV and pickup truck. Forklift and ATV training provided.
If you are interested obtain an application by download or at the front desk of the Duluth Depot, open from 9-5pm.
*train excursion concession store, giftshop, ticket office, ice cream shop (transaction locations)