Caboose Crewz Package
May 29 - September 19
Experience life working on a real caboose! This is unique opportunity to ride in a retired railroad caboose. Sit up in the cupola and enjoy the ride!
- A round trip, 75-minute scenic excursion attached to the Duluth Zephyr train.
- Up to 10 people flat rate. Same price for 1 person, or 10 people.
- Cooler of soda/water/juice complimentary for the ride
- Narrated tour on the caboose (PA system), plus a car attendant if you have more specific questions.
- Admission to the Lake Superior Railroad Museum for your entire group.
Flat rate: $175 for up to 10 people.
Scheduled Saturdays in August or by request, atleast one week in advance.
There is no heat or air conditioning in the caboose, however windows do open for a great lake breeze. Larger parties are encouraged to ride as a group on the Duluth Zephyr Excursion train. It is a historic, workers caboose, far from the lap of luxury. But a unique opportunity to experience what caboose duty was like.
A cooler of non-alcoholic beverages is available for caboose passengers, and light snacks (chips/candy)
Unfortunately, due to the historic nature of the caboose, this is not a wheelchair accessible ride. However, folks with limited mobility can access the caboose with 3 short steps to enter the lower level of the caboose.