Volunteer Train Crew Training Class
February 11 @ 8:00 am
Volunteer Train Crew Training: February 11 – March 19, 2023
Join the volunteer crews and be part of the North Shore Scenic Railroad by attending the new conductor classes starting in February, 2023. Classes are free and designed for beginners who want to be part of the railroad’s train crews. Attending starts you on the path toward becoming a fully certified conductor on the North Shore Scenic Railroad. Specific class dates are: Feb 11th & 12th, Feb 25th & 26th, Mar 18th & 19th.
No prior experience in railroading or transportation is necessary to volunteer as a crew member on the NSSR.
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a willingness to work as part of a team
- have a safety minded attitude
- be willing to follow company policies, state statutes, and federal regulations
- submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screening as well as random tests while operating as a crew member
- pass medical, hearing, and vision testing
- submit state and federal driver’s records for review
- pass written and practical tests
The administrative side of these requirements, as well as testing, will be addressed and completed during training.